Saturday, January 29, 2005

The Mystery Behind...

Unclean rooms and lost possessions.

*hands clapped on ears and eyes squeezed tight* ALRITE SO I CAN NOT BEAR LIVING IN A MESSY ROOM for more than 5 days!!!!!!!(there I said it…n there was no akashwani). Much to the glee and mirth of my folks and the amusement of my maid.

The 2nd day, then the 3rd day…restlessness… fourth day coming back from college…anxiety…FINALLY today couldn’t bear anymore!!! My room was at the zenith of its dirty glory, so much so that even my dog wud jus come in, lick my face, twitch his nose n walk right bak out as against he sittin on my bed and enjoying the luxury of not doing anything…before I lose the link…

My room unlike most of the adolescents has always been spick n span. Thanks to seema my maid. But then today I noticed, things were just where I left them 4 days ago. No wonder I couldn’t seem to write, or read or study; the room was way too messy for my ideas to take shape and my creative juices to flow. Toh I realized Seema wasn’t cleaning my room anymore!!! Apparently, as I learnt today (after I was done replacing my room 2 pristine splendor) that Pappa had told Seema NOT to clean my room so that he could see how long his daughter could live in the self-created Pigsty.

Not long as it happens. It did not take me long to clean the mess on the floor and on the bed (No, no not proud of the fact, kinda sheepish) But then when I opened my cupboard, the drawers the cabinets…no wonder I would never get the Black tee or the bandhni dupatta or the Opal studded thumb-ring!!!! I couldn’t seem to find em coz Seemaji would dump anything remotely textile in my almirah and the rest of the things in the drawers and cabinets. So then I cleaned the drawers and it is amazing how things remain intact if you don’t touch them/use them for more than 6 months!! *wearing the look of marvel AND the ring*

So then my room is all clean and immaculate and my creative juices are also thawing from the sudden artic freeze and here I promise I WILL ALWAYS KEEP MY ROOM CLEAN by myself…*fingers crossed at da back ;-)*

Psst Psst: a "Seema...me tired re....help me a teeny weeny bit naa...." n a puppy dog face can do miracles huh*devilish Grin*

15 comments:

  1. ship,
    gawd ...your story reminds me of mine although my room was never...i mean NEVER clean....and eeeeyah it isnt right now too...i prefer my rom to be messy as it gives me some kind of mental satisfaction ........aint i wierd...ANYWAYS!......tis fun to see my room so messed even though i nicely get yelled by my folks ( who by the way have stopped peeping into my room because of the fear of their blood pressures shooting up)
    and regarding the cleaning up part .unfortunately i have no 'seemaji' and have no other kind of productive source of help so the onus lies on me to make my room look neat....so well who cares
    but i think ill realise my careless attitude the day i stop getting my tee's easily from my cupboard and when ill start screaming 'ammmmmmaaaaaaaaaaa'(amma-mom in my lingo) and what ill get in return is a PHATAKKKKKKKK(dat was a slap by the way)
    regards
    shru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lazy Bum!
    :D
    Forget the gym, just clean ur room twice a day and u'll be as healthy as me! :D
    -Main Kaun Hoon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. oye shippo!

    nw dat u hav cleaned ur room....did u find my cd??? ;)

    -pu.la. (hopeful dat i wil get my stuf bak!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In contrast to you, where I live, we hardly clean the house once a month.. and we love living in the mess we create ;)... but I guess thats the difference between a guy and a girl... girls cant just let things be eh ;)...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shru: naah u aint da wierd 1...lookin at all da people chriping bout their messy rooms, i think "I" mite b da wierd one. But im sure being clean has its own virtues...if u think hard enough...like no creepy crawlies comin frm ur bags buried under da heaps oo ur clothes :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. MKH: how i wish yahoo smileys cud b used here...*making a face anyway* and speaking of becoming "healthy" like u...NO COMMENTS ( meaning..i think ur way 2 skinny 4 ur own good)

    Purv: aah umm...er...lets jus leave da cd issue till da diwali cleaning okie...:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prashant: hehe yeah "my-mess-n-i-love-it" funda eh?? we all live like that...jus not when it comes 2 living in da room like that *twitching nose*
    n dont get me startd wid da gurl guy thingy*vehemently nodding*

    Phal: if wishes were horses...I would reign ...sigh
    n thankz 4 droppin by n keep coming...

    ReplyDelete
  8. .... and now for the mind... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, lemme confess...

    i'm one of the "my-stuff(room or wotever)-is-always-clean" kinda people.

    do u call such types wierdos? :-p

    ReplyDelete
  10. Manu: hehe meanie :P

    J: awwww J naah naah such ppl are absodamnlutely not called weirdos!!! they just are called...CLEAN :D
    *hugs* KINDRED!!!!!!!!!!*hugs again*

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I had my own hostel room, I had it spic and span too.. thats after we poured beer and booze all over the goddamn place and the bed and when we cud no longer hope to stay in that damned stench.. and right after my roomie threatened not to write my record books anymore..

    I can still smell the agarbathis my tee-totalling roomie used to light and pray that that shud never happen again..

    Man with no Name
    (http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey elixir aparna here ,
    well u know what my mom tried tht once ,thinking i'll come around but lil did she know that her threshold of patience wud cave her in instead of her daughter a.k.a ME .so one find day i enter my room n voila a perfectly organised n clean room.unlike u i never make promises ( eg like to keep my room clean )tht i can't fulfill

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's an interesting blog you've got! :-)

    Me's always been a neat-nick...can't take a messy room for more than 2 days and if it's not mine, then I tamp down the urge to organise for 5 days...and then offer to clean! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. honda vtx is another honda vtx place to check out.

    ReplyDelete