Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Broken Sandals and Mumbai Trains...

I know you will ask...so why wear them when they slip and you lose them...
*sniff* n they were so pretty!!! with the silver rhinestones types stones studded...and no I didn't lose them.
it all happened today...not for the first time lemme tell you. But then I can't stop commuting by Trains just coz Sandals break and slip ons slip off and sneakers get pulled out of your feet (yeah it happens...travel by the Ladies Compartments anytime between 7 in the morn to 11 in the noon-yep first class too!!!)
okie...back to the topic.
So what happened was...we had PPTs (Pre Placement Talks for people who ...thinking of a barbed comment...) and obviously we have to wear formals...so i decided on wearing a pretty PINK(ye ye yeah!!! PINK!!!!) salwaar kameez. And I have this pair of PINK again...( it was co incidental i swear on FB) rhinestone studded sandals which went totally with the ensemble. And when I was getting down at Andheri (thats like the most crowded station any time of the day--this again for people who don't know but if you don't know even this...then I can tell...u have NO GENERAL KNOWLEDGE!!!!)
so when I was getting down at Andheri station there was this lady standing right in the middle of the way (me thinks of dedicating a post on the finer aspects of MUMBAI LOCAL TRAINS so that would prevent me from explaining all the NO-NOs in the trains) my sandal ka heel broke. yeah!!!
And I didnt know what to do. And then there was this bridge i needed to climb. Now i couldn't remove my sandals right...and I couldn't buy any because it was 8 in the morning. So I slowly climbed the bridge which was an ordeal...2"heeled sandal one one foot and a flat sandal on the other. Forget the limp...(getting into the intricacies of the design of the sandal...)BOTTOMLINE : It really hurt. The 5 minute climb. And the crowd was not helping either.
So then I caught a rickshaw to my college and sat pondering about what is to be done. And then the brain wave hit. AND...I pulled out the other heel(the 2" wooden block stuck to the sandal)*gloating on the ingenious idea*
Now it was okie...though a little uncomfy. But i sailed through. And the PPT wasn't bad either.

Psst Psst: in case you ever lose one of your sandals or shoes getting into the train...please be kind and drop the other one on the platform or in the nearby vicinity. It helps the ragpickers.

11 comments:

  1. HIiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...

    well... i agreee with u... but i dont wear sandals ;-)

    cheers da....
    akoocha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG u find that problem too? So then what are you going to do about the broken sandal?

    -Tasneem

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh oh!!my sympathies!!happens to me all the time.yet another shoe fiasco is that my shoes expand and thats really tuff luck when you are a size 3!!!hmmm..maybe i shouldnt be rapunzel at all....maybe i should been cinderella??

    ReplyDelete
  4. oye shippo!!

    isnt dis da same sandal .....da one u bought wen ur other sandal fell off the train ;)!!

    gues its time 4 us to go to linking road agn....
    wassay :)

    pu. la.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whooaaa i luv it..dis shuld happen to all gurls who wear high heeled sandals ..i hate high heeld sandals coz dey leave a whole in yer face..i mean u cant talk 'freely' to da gurls who wear such W.M.D (Weapon of Mass Destruction)..it voilates my freedom of expression..UN should launch a raid n capture all dese butt thrusting, hip swaying W.M.Ds from cute looking gurls..and all da high heeled sandals should break ..ooh gawd let all da high heeled sandals banished fro dis world to make it a better n flirtier world... Shipra u betta wear a sneaker or a slippers when i meet u...or else u will have to pay my Hospitals bills apart fro da MCDonalds Bill...:p

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was HOLE not WHOLE ...and i am not DRUNK....:p

    ReplyDelete
  7. heyy trust me guyz..dis is nutthin..breakin d heel..just d heel..man i lost my fucQuin sandal beetween d trains n d tracks while boardin..dis was so funny ...me traveelin d whole journey wid only a sandal!!
    god bless railways n me
    Chelsea fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey ashok..thankz 4 dropping by

    Tasneem: ive saved the sandal as a memoir

    Rapunzel:awww size 3...a gurl's dream

    pu: yeah da same 1

    manu....DREAM ON!!!!!!

    Chelsea Fanatic: didn't ya read pu's post...i lost 1 in da train n this 1 was bought coz itravelled in jus 1 sandal and nothing 2 wear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi - just drifted into your blog. Very interesting. Is it ok if I add a link on my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep up the good work
    » » »

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is very interesting site... »

    ReplyDelete