Friday, December 31, 2004

To Be or Not To Be...

New Year resolutions have always been a piece of cake. It was always one of the three
1. Getting good grades in skool and trying 2 top the class (though that never happened)
2. Swearing off sinful chocolates and gooey ice-creams and cheesy pizzas
3. Or getting a guy before the year ended…
But then this year it’s different. I have been contemplating this since some time now. Ayee reprimanding, “SHIPRA U ARE ** YEARS OLD!!! (A lady never discloses her real age :p) BEHAVE YOUR AGE!!!!!! Friends calling me a goof up…!!! I really admire people who have decided they are a li’l…umm…eccentric( I mean weirdos and screw ups) and taking it in their stride. Or people who know they are…er..… staid.( not implying dull…just grave) They are cool bout it. But this is one thing I can’t seem to decide on. I am a li’l of this and a li’l of that. A little loony and a little sane. A bit funny and slight grave. Have my moments when I put my both my feet in my mouth and there are times I give mind boggling philosophy ( wrt my previous blog post) Now here is the problem area . When im slapstick, well…I A-M slapstick. But then when I am serious…people don’t take me seriously!!!! And im not sure if I am offended. But I deffy don’t like it… Because I WANT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY when I’m serious that is.
People call me a kid and want to pat my head and pull my cheeks. (That mite be because of lack of sticking to my resolutions all those years—referring to sinful chocolates n ice creams) but then my behavior doesn’t help either. So then finally I decided enough is enough!! And voila…my this year’s resolution: BEHAVING MY AGE!!! Its gonna be tough not to make faces and stick out my tongue at people’s back (well I don’t really do that…but it gels well with the flow :P) But then the other day me n a friend were having a conversation about making a choice. Either sit in the passenger seat and be unbothered or be on the driver’s seat and be ready to look under the bonnet when trouble strikes. I admit im the passenger seat kinda person being unbothered by things taking them in my stride more often than not. Now you would ask what then is my problem since I already know I am a li’l of both. But then when I really want my space and I ask people to back off…they think it’s my latest antic. And when im serious…as I said earlier…It rankles!!!! I can’t pen them down…people who r like me will empathize.
So here’s my new year’s resolution…being grim and “mature”!!!

(Wait people till you realize me mature is worse than me a goof up :P:P:P)

7 comments:

  1. Its not that u r not mature Shipra. Noone is mature. Believe it not a single soul is mature. Everyone is immature in their own ways. Its not bcoz we dont wanna b mature. Its just that we are trying involntorily to be immature, to be a kid. To be a kid n stay as a kid is every1s dream. and we tend to behave like a kid in one way or other. Coz we get more attention or care or freedom when we stay as kids. So i think every1 tries to be immature without knowing . I mean to say that there is no point in trying to being grim and “mature”!!!..be urself..n dont try to kill that kid in you..thats da last drop of humanity left in every human being..flawless innocent child which is hiding in the elder body , which comes out sometimes to show that u r adorable an at da same time vulnerable..da child who has not masks ,the child who loves every1..let it live inside you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't like your resolutions one bit. And I'd be willing to help you break them as easily as you made them......

    - I

    ReplyDelete
  3. puhleaaaas shipra....my advice to u ....dont try to be somthing u canot b!!

    if it wernt for ur antics n goof ups our lives wud b dull.....u (unintentionally) give us a reason to laf.....n u shud b proud o it...not evry1 can make ppl laf....in fact ur new year's resolution shud b
    "Being as funny as i can...n make as many ppl laf"

    -- one of da many who laf at ur screw ups!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHIPRA leave even "trying" to be mature--your ":P" at the end of the post...you can be a royal pain but we are masochists ":P"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good going, Teddy!
    Love ur blogs! Totally! Keep at it!
    Yup, ur friendly neighbourhood Sssssssss...

    ReplyDelete
  6. manu n purv...u guys kno wat happnd wid XAT...so do i need 2 explain further??

    sudhi: thankz buddy

    n whos "I"??

    n masochist...pain huh...u meet me 4 coffee THEN u will know real pain :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. oye! i got no yahoo at work. I'm on night shift!
    missing me? :)

    ReplyDelete