Thursday, March 31, 2005

A Dollop Of Cold Cream

The below mentioned is a SHORT STORY!!! n yeah i need no more instance to show that im not meant for it. But then ive written it, so anyways...thats that.N so the winter :P


*a dollop of cold cream on the palm* Its winter again. Im not sure if I like winters. No matter how much moisturizers and cold cream you apply, it just isn’t enough to make your skin elastic and supple. Never mind what ads on TV say. Winters make ur skin flaky and dry. Scaly. Reminds me of the fish we had for dinner yesterday. I think its gross, the way maharaj leaves the eyeballs still in the socket of the dead fried fish. Eerie looking a dead fish in its eye, just when you are about to put a chunk of its tender meat into your mouth.
Any which ways...

So a 16 year old should be interested in moisturizers, anti-frizz ( I have curly hair), lip balms which come with shimmer, Bath gels that smell divine…so I really shouldn’t have guilty conscious. Admitted im a pampered brat. Always want my whims satisfied and take great pains to see that they do. But then almost evey 16 year I kno is like that!!! *pouting* Some people offer to psychoanalyse me and my behaviour. They want to know why I behave like a rebel. Know and offer sympathy. Understanding. Show superior state of their living. Pooh!!! Too bad my nani’s sister doesn’t think im angelic. She would have hysteria if she knew what some of my friends are up to.. I wonder why then she gives me that look and tells nani that maa could have been more careful. Bah, her grand son is just 12...u just wait and watch amma!!!*evil grin*

I don’t dope, I don’t smoke and I booze only when thr is some social thingy happening. Or if there is beer. So all in all I really am a very good gurl. And since it is very normal for a 20 year old to indulge in materialistic things, no issues there too.
*zoom bak to winters and cold creams* I really like the smell of this one. And same smelling shampoo and liquid soap not to mention deo. So when im done, there is this beautiful floral feminine fragrance all around me. am I being shallow?? It gags my best friend. Lol, obviously, floral scents aren’t suppose to charm 16 year old guys, especially not when they are oozing out from every square inch of their best friends. He is kinda cute, when he thinks he is being tough and uncaring. Thinks I don’t notice. Thinks I don’t recognize that sadness when he looks at me. That love and that concern. So quickly evapourated and distilled into pity. Or maybe so I think.

And that mightily pisses me off. I don’t want love and concern. Or pity!!! Sympathy. Or maybe im jus hopelessly rong. But I refuse to see how I, I can be wrong??!!!?? I am normal. Bratty, temperamental 16 year old who just needs direction in life and its kinda late for that.

So then neways, I was saying I don’t like winters. When we are at it, I don’t like summers either. It must be the clothes that make me despise the season. Its just so hot and the only thing u can wear then AND be comfortable is shorts and a cotton tee. I think I look pretty in shorts and tee. *mischievious* you see I have beautiful legs. And I flaunt it. Or I used to. But I don’t wear shorts anymore.

They are disfigured and scarred after last winters accident. My legs. And I cant walk anymore. But I still cream them. My legs. Waiting for the day I can flaunt them again. And love summers again...

But for now...I just don’t like winters...makes my skin flaky and dry. And scaly...like the fish we had for dinner yesterday...

25 comments:

  1. u dont need to feel guilty.its ur folks' money.it's meant to be used up.it's meant for u. what purpose would tehy have to life if you werent there to deplete their resources??ur depleting their resources urges them to work harder*grin* that's what i always told myself in college.pity they never bot it though. but hey, really u do need to feel guilty if its your cash:-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its April, with May and June coming up, U're talking abt cold creams and winter?? Just where in the world are U, anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wtf??? Shipi, its April. It's not exactly cold. Last I checked you were still in Bbay. So I must respectfully repeat, Wtf???

    And yeah, Anti-frizz is God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummmm - thought you said this is a short story, so why art thou friend reacting like its fact not fiction?

    Fun reading - un peu chilly though! Stinks of quintessential Elixir style :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice one there . liked ending especially.y r some comments abt 'it april now'? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Princess: hehe yeah!!

    MwnN n Phal: i forgot 2 mention it was a short story n a fictious one at that.
    MwnN while ur at it, u mite as well name da rest o da months... :P

    n Phal: sweetz...im still in mumbai. n its a fiction *rolling eyes*and such r my attempts at short fictions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geetz n Chai, id not mentioned that its a short story. so my sweet folks here thought its me im talkin bout.
    I added da header as an afterthought...after MwnN n phal gently reminded me it aint winter but da onset o summer...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey...........i am in a coastal city in the south of india winter isnt exactly a season here...........fact or fiction interesting is wat i gotta say!!
    luv,
    divs

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is anti-frizz ?
    On second thoughts No dont tell me. Stuff women use on themselves is truly ridiculous.

    Men do fine with just one kinda deo for everywhere. Women have atleast 10 kinds for different areas of the anatomy. some with powders (guys dont own face powders) what the F%^& is rouge and mascara.

    Believe me powder on the cheeks tastes awful. some bright cosmetic company wud make millions if it invented flavoured make -up.
    chocolate flavored lipstick. mint flavor mascara. lemon flavored eye liner?
    More reason to make out with made up women!!!

    emanon

    ReplyDelete
  10. hey ship,

    nice story...write som more n u'l get the hang of fiction writing :)

    @anon - HAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!!! who the hell r U??

    ReplyDelete
  11. @la devil: I could ask you the same. who the hell are you? are you attracted to strange sarcastic men. if yes. you are in big trouble.
    Do you blog? or chat on yahoo.

    I am now attracting a few female admirers. If i find enough women i might just start a blog myself.



    emanon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your fiction seems real at times.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finnaly..
    I can post here..
    Damn blogspot..
    How you doing?!!!
    Btw... mail me at diabl020@mail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. divs: thankz da,

    emanon: hehe, too bad ur gurl doesnt kno cleansing milk exists or u wudnt have 2 go licking her eyeliner or powdered cheek.

    n btw, flavoured makeup already exists, thr is a chocolate flavoured lipgloss. n bout lemon flavourd eye-liners, i really dont wanna get into y u wud wanna taste eye liners??
    i have a frd who loves a certain lip balm and he loves using it too, simply coz he chews it and EATS IT!!!! guys!!

    n u kno wat, anon. since thr is like such a big gap in ur education about female make up, i think ill write a blog post dedicated 2 ur lack o knowledge and da necessary information.
    n once u askd about inspiration?? hell, u gave me one rite here rite now!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. purv: thankz sweetheart for da encouraging words and ur unnatural interest in emanon.

    n lol anon, i thought purv was as famous as my blog.n does she blog?? DUHHH clik on her name!!!! she is da female version o sarcasm n barbs. n so da interest in sum male along da same lines. rolling eyes
    n ahem...do blog. ill b a regular.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A: errr. thr is a lot o me in da fiction. sigh i think it jus aint fiction but sum curious mix o da two, like purv said, i think i need more practice.

    Diab: i msgd u on yahoo da otherday, but then thr wasnt a reply n then i loggd out or more like disconnectd. hehe, FB acting cranky again.
    im good, prilims round da corner n no study happening!!! so kinda freaking out n not doing anything bout it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. @elixir: sure I could use that information. And I could have clicked on ladevils name and gone on to her blog. but am just too lazy. plus i am having enough fun on your blog already.

    @ladevil: Naah nothing this time
    @all other women admirers: your love keeps me alive.

    @emanon: You the rocking stud man!!

    emanon

    ReplyDelete
  18. ummm... so wats de disclaimer abt? ;-) too close for comfort?

    PS: dis has GOT to be de most unnerving story ever! lol.. and i mean it in a big way... am a bong and u actually turned me off fish.. for all of five secs! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Emanon: *yawn*

    Misty:*high five* babes

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey whatre you being so apologetic about? That was a great story. I particularly liked the fishy touch. Gives the story this ruminative air. I like that.
    What I like even more is all the cosmetic gyan Im getting here. Pun intended, but I think its useful info really.
    I think chocolate lipgloss is exciting, but Ive never tasted the stuff. Is anyone here wearing any?[You can stop throwing stuff at me now]
    I wonder how girls manage all those nice smelling cosmetics. You can call me a little stupid, but if something smells nice, I feel like eating it. And my mom used to wonder where all those nice smelling erasers went. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey whatre you being so apologetic about? That was a great story. I particularly liked the fishy touch. Gives the story this ruminative air. I like that.
    What I like even more is all the cosmetic gyan Im getting here. Pun intended, but I think its useful info really.
    I think chocolate lipgloss is exciting, but Ive never tasted the stuff. Is anyone here wearing any?[You can stop throwing stuff at me now]
    I wonder how girls manage with all those nice smelling cosmetics. You can call me a little stupid, but if something smells nice, I feel like eating it. And my mom used to wonder where all those nice smelling erasers went. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kewl blog..will be back later to devour it..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Manu: hmm yeah...

    Rahul: u turnd off fish!!! ill take that as a compliment.
    n well yeah...bout da disclaimer, umm mayb :D

    Oxymoron:well...i dono, im jus feeling defencive i guess.
    hmm u too like da gyaan?? THIS sure calls for a post dedicated to make up!!! n ppl think im nuts bout it *there is public demand*
    n moron, sweetheart...chewing lipbalm is okie...but erasers!!! nu-huh *shaking head*

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done on a nice blog Elixir. I was searching for information on how to apply makeup and ran across your post this post - not exactly what I was looking for related to how to apply makeup but a very interesting read all the same!

    ReplyDelete