Monday, April 04, 2005

Talks OF Mind Bending The Spoon...

So there is this blatently good news that I have!!! And I cant seem to sit still coz o that. Some of you may say, pooh its just a cell phone. But for someone, like me, who takes pleasures in da small small things in life, cell phone, or any sorta communication device features big in the pleasure-giving-things list.

I lost my cell phone da other day. A forthnite ago actually. All my precious numbers, data, mail ids, reminders, alarm…all gone!!
Just like that. One moment it was there, the next it wasn’t. Like Houdini. And then people asked me the most obvious thing…HOW?? WHERE.?? Now now people, if I just knew how and where and not to mention the good old when…I wouldn’t lose it in the first place would I??
That what this one is all bout. Me trying to dig deep into the recesses of my brain and my heart and my mind and see, if what some say is really true and that the mind is capable of really making something disappear if it like really really wanted to.

I admit ive wanted a new cell phone since sometime now. And it aint like my existing or the one that existed was anything wrong with it. Just that I wanted a new and a better one. Don’t we all, I ask more to appease my conscience. Ofcourse we do, comes the reply. So here I was. Wanting a new and an improved phone, but no financial or economical independence…or parental for that matter. Not daring to even ask or broach the topic.
I come from a law abiding-parent respecting-disciplined-no-tantrums-no-help-from-maid-while-cleaning-rooms-or-washing-jeans kinda family *wink*

So finally when I lost my cell phone, I was not sure how should I react. I think I was numb. I wasn’t sure how I should react was because I didn’t really feel bad. Nope. But I felt I had to. *WARNING: now here my fundas are a lil screwd up, so no discussion on y I need to feel bad will be entertained* I just had to feel bad. Mayb it is me stereotyping feeling and emotions and that it is necessary that there should be appropriate reaction to an appropriate situation. Maybe like nirupa Roy types. Cry, when tragedy strikes, grin with joy when you find ur lost sons reference :Amar, Akbar, Anthony Proper emotion for proper circumstance. All systematically categorized.
But does Miss Shipra do that?? No she doesn’t. So not feeling even a twinge of sadness or remorse is alarming, or so me thinks. Again refer to the warning in the earlier paragraph.!! And so that was that. No guilt (admitted I couldn’t do anything, but its like those situations where you think on retrospect if it would have worked had you been a little more careful or studied a lil bit harder), no remorse or no standard response of crying like the other gurl in class did when she lost her cell phone. I was curiously detached. And silent as a dead mouse. That in itself was enough to arouse the curiosity of the entire class.

Dreading maybe, to come home. Pappa is chilled guy. He knows if its gone, its gone. Why fret. But my mom!!! Well lets just say she is more verbal when it comes to emoting. But then that day, even aye was silent on the issue. Resigned and accepting I guess. But do I dare ask for a new cell phone??

Almost a week passed. I couldn’t bear it anymore. I jus HAD TO ask.
Me: umm…ayee…..i was wondering….
Maa: hmm wondering what exactly? *wary look*
Me: now that I lost my cell phone…it really is kinda difficult u kno….
Maa: No, I cant imagine why? Ive been doing perfectly well without it till date.
Me: well yes ofcourse…but I was wondering…you wouldn’t really get me another one…err..would u??*hope filled eyes*
Maa: earn. *eh?* earn and buy your own.

In all this pappa is a silent spectator. The fact that papa didn’t say anything, is signal enough for the super smart shipra (notice the use of alliteration and how beautiful it sounds in the same sentence-err super sexy would also apply but it would be outta the context) to know that all will be well and that all is not lost yet. reference :the Alchemist Its all about reading the signs along the way.

And finally!!! Today when my sis got a newer model, I was sitting mumbling that it wasn’t really my fault that I lost it and that somethings are really beyond a persons control, papa decided he will get me a cell phone.
YEEEEEYYYYYY!!!!
Trust me when I say this, it was really a very tough job not to get up and hug every body and dance like crazy and howl and shout “MY PAPA BESTEST” but it was the silent glare of a defeated mom that made me resist the urge. And so I had to settle for a grateful grin. I can really imagine how rocky-my dog feels like when he is given ice cream, grateful enough for the tongue to lol from side to side. Ofcourse he drools in the plate and I again resisted the urge, when we went to the mobile phones and accessories show room.

Now that’s the latest news. Soon I will have a new cell phone.
Reminds me of the adage, “When you want something real bad, the whole universe conspires for you to get it”

*wink*and yeah, now I think we can REALLY bend spoons with the power of our minds, or plain longings and unfulfilled desires.

Psst Psst: One of my fav bloggers, Man with no Name is thinking and talking of bringing the blog down!!! And im in denial!!!!!

21 comments:

  1. Shit!!!!!! what the hell are U'll doing??!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nokia 6600 rules! Its frigging amazing. It has Symbian Series 60 OS, the bestestest Mobile OS. You can upgrade the memory card( they give 32 MB by default, i recommend 256-512 MB). And the best part is the HUGE application base. Tons and Tons of games. By default, u can only record 10 sec of movies, so if you want to do a DPS movie, you wanna install software for that.

    Dont take IR. Stupid thing requires u to align the phone to the adapter. Get Bluetooth or even better get a MMC card reader( costs just 385 bucks ). U can plug that into the USB slot, and get going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yooo shippooooo!!

    gettin new cel fon aanh!! congooo! paartttyyyyyy!!
    hey ask ur pappa to get 1 for me too na. remembr those times when u call me to say somthing important n urgent and my cellfon sudenly goes beep beep (no m not abusing its da sound)....its so diificult for u to contact me. u have to go thru so many hardships. tel ur pappa " aaj toh bahut khush hogaye honge aap hein! aaj tak maine aapse kuch nahi maanga par aaj maangti hoon, meri dost purv ko ek cel fon dedo!! dedo!! dedo!! hein!" reference: Deewar :P:P:P
    *crossing my fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler D: yeah i kno exactly wat u talking bout. its been hell...these past few days.

    Misty: i think its like a universal thing, sun always rises frm the east...parents always try and control da kid, da kid grows up wild and unruly...

    n thank u thank u for da compliments on my knowledge o movies....*holding breath and attempting to flush prettily- just aint happening, looking like a pig wid his mouth stuffed*

    ReplyDelete
  5. MwnN : oh u cant blame us...i was almost heart broken, purv will testify!!!!!!
    but im glad u opend ur comments thingy!!

    GoTT: umm ..errr...yeah God bless u too *y do u always spew techie shit,if u think it is impressive...think again!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  6. PHONE PHONE PHONE!!
    Buy a Motorola!.. NOKIA sucks!!.. .. (always root for the underdog I say)...
    Hey.. 20 days for the boards.. hwo prep going?

    ReplyDelete
  7. whichever phone u buy, buy the Sim card from dolphin. purv is doin free publicity of Mtnl broadband n i m doin dolphin. we will get sum dough if u buy dolphin. so plz buy dolphin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, you lost your phone, so that you could get a new one? :)
    I have always disliked the alchemist you know, it doesn't really work! :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dont _believe_ all you people! You _actually_ encouraging her to go out and get a new cell? She's lucky she lost the first one. Cell's are a complete waste of time. Cells and TVs. Cells, TVs and computers. I mean, just look at me here.
    Hey! I said 'look at me', not 'stare at me'. And stop rolling your eyes around like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. m smelling a rat here... you wanted a new cellphone... and voila, out of the blue ur old cellphone disappears.. hmmm.... I'm sure houdini was good, but u're better ;)... just kidding.. my condolences on losing ur old cell.. buy the razr... its the coolest phone ever :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I know excatly wot u mean! i've been thru that :-p
    Heyyyy, wait didja say MwnN is ur FAV blogger???
    :-(((((((((((((((((((((((

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi girl.........new cell cool!!how r ya??
    u take care....n byeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Purv: r u frigging crazy??!!??
    ask ur dad 2 get u a phone!!!
    n deewar no deewar...aaj mein bahut khush hoon.

    Anan/GoTT: shut up u gamer!!!dont talk bout pink!!!!

    Manu: yep *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Diab: hehe preps r outa da window
    n i dont really care!! n u didnt mention erricson....

    erratica:lol n u urself have a hutch. wonder how ppl talk *rolling eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Primal Soup: it didnt really happen that way...but hehe that wud b da blunt concise gist o my entire post :P

    Oxymoron: *rolling eyes* STARING HARD and *doubly rolling eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  16. now too tired to reply...
    so prashant, J, div, n u ANAN!! and misty... thankz 4 commenting no strength 2 reply...not like i have anything 2 say really...which in itself is not true. okie im supps 2 b tired

    ReplyDelete
  17. did anybody ever tell you you were a brat???;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Damn I could swear I left a comment - Grrrr Blogger!

    Anyways...had posted something bt my damn phone not getting lost, or spoilt, or breaking despite having fallen so many times frm quite high points...though I'm very happy with my "poor man's basic Nokia model" sometimes I wish I could change it! Sigh...Anyone hearing me?

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Can grapefruit be eaten while taking lipitor

    ReplyDelete