Sunday, April 10, 2005

The Week That Was...

Like always, important snippets of information that i take for granted, are the ones that are misunderstood by all. The exams mentioned r my preliminary exams and not finals.
Monday- Exam: Entrepreneurship. 8 Am to 10 Am.
Question Paper distribution. Scan through the paper. Damn don’t have a clue wats what. Look around. Others in the same situation. Relief.
8.30 two of the classmates get up. Loo?? I wonder? Together?? My eyebrows raise. No they have the answer booklet in hand. Supervisor says u cant leave da hall within an hour of the commencement of the test. Hehe. They make faces. 15 more minutes of fidgeting and the supervisor has had it. She lets em off. Inspired with what happened, 2 more, gurls this time, leave. “Gosh… this is soo tempting” a fellow classmate.
Me thinks: Those papers r not gonna b corrected. Said my co ordinator. Why bother wasting all the resources?? Imagine how much trees we can save if we conserve the answer booklet for some other poor student But me being a rule abiding student guided by my principles and ideals decide ki NO!! I will finish the 8 paper booklet. Scribble nonsense I will!! But wont let the rest of the 7 pages blank. The first being the details of the students section. So dedicatedly and sincerely not to mention pain stakingly, I finish those 8 lengthy pages.
Its 9 30. Telepathy at work perhaps, purv n me look at each other at da same time. suggest we leave. Rohini, Dharmaraj Yudhistir ki chatti aulaad leaves the hall at 10 sharp.

Tuesday- Qunatitative Business Models aka Statistics 8Am to 10Am.
Me in a much relaxed frame of mind. Received news that professors for sure don’t correct these papers coz internal assessment marks are already submitted to the university.

Question paper given. Scans it. Bah. No clue whats what and this is the subject im supposedly done preparations for. A lil bit of copying AHEM mutual helping and im almost through. It’s a numbers paper. The whole world knows I suck at numbers. I leave at 9. Still 4 students from the class of 60 write ferociously as if their life depended upon it. Have this insane urge to laugh. But then killed that impulse.
Purv left too. So did half the class. Rohini sat thru. Not like she knows all the answers, more like she wanted to give the other 4 company coz they sure sat scribbling till 10. Took additional supplements too. Wasting resources and college funds. *rolling eyes*

Tuesday evening: all attempts at studying jus vanish in thin air poof no profanity jus an expression. jus giving up studying. Not a word is known for the next paper. And worse is no concern either.

Wednesday: Marketing Research 8Am to 10 Am(I dono y im posting the time. Heck.)
7 Am. Mumbai Local
frantically going thru sum photocopied notes. Almost doze off. But then lady sitting beside gives a discreet nudge.
7 45 Am Class Room
*hysterical*I have no clue PEOPLEEEEE I don’t know what im gonna write even the first 15 minutesssssssssssssssss*bawling by this time*
Consolations, empathies, hugs and assurances from all and condolences from those fanatic 4. And Im ready to face marketing Research head on.
8 Am
There is a mass giggle. I feel one with the class yet again. No one has a clue. I start scribbling. Hall ticket is being distributed. I tell myself I get this n im not entering the class ever again. Half of the students have not turned up anyways.
8 30 Am
Again the telepathy thing in play. Purv is getting restless. She wants to leave. But I know some stuff and wanna stick 2 my funda of somehow filling all 8 pages. Hazy letters in black n white swarm in front o my eyes. I wish id not nodded off in the train, id have remembrd more.
8 35
More frantic glances and fidgeting from purv. Ive had enough. She gets up. I leave my answer halfway. Too much movement and I lose my harmony and peace of writing papers-wink
We leave. A classmate wonders “HOW DID U GUYS LEAVE ITNA JALDI YAAR!!!!??” nothing more to write we say. Simple n true.

Thursday- 7 am: cell rings. Purv. Shit I overslept!!! Missed my exam. Momentary panic. That feeling of stomach dropping down to the knees. Weird how that feels even when you are lying on ur derriere. Then brain processes kick in. Doesn’t really matter. Complacent. Go to sleep again. Wake up when the sun had reached its zenith. Switched on the TV, switched on FB (for ppl who dono, FB is my comp-Frozen Beauty who is on her deathbed.) logged on to the net.
AND WHAT DO I SEEEEE???? HORROR OF HORRORS!!!!!
MY NET DOESN’T WORK!!!! It was sooo down, im talking 1000 bytes in 5 minutes here. Now THAT is low…even for FB it is!! I shrugged. Happens sumtimes. Turnd her off. No pun
went to take a shower. Came back masala tea coutesy Seema. Decided since ive missed half a day, might as well spend da entire day rejuvenate for further exam preparations.
Then turned FB on. (psst- I love that sentence!!!) loggd on to the net. Damn still nets down. Now I was queasy. I mean at the risk of tarnishing my oh-so-sexy image, my life by large revolves around FB and Internet. Im not saying I have no life, I do. Its jus that the world wide web features largely in it.

Watched some movies, caught up on kyonki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi.(he he cudnt resist that line!! Its soo nani type!!!!) Hogged... Went to sleep.
Woke up, maa was home. Oh if I didn’t mention, im an independent daughter of a working mother. *smug look*
Didn’t dare touch FB in front of her. Watched some more movies. Dinner time.
Again a vain attempt at net. Nope. Not ok yet.
Decided not to go the nxt day too. Was econometrics. The only thing in it I know is that it has one of the longest word I kno, homoscadasticity. Even oxford doesn’t have it in their word list. So im not responsible if I make a spelling mistake here. The other longest word I know is antidisestablishmentarianism. *display of high literary knowledge* : P
Spent the rest of the three days in almost the same fashion.

Psst Psst: even when,my net works...like now, people on messenger wont talk. Coz im supps to study. sigh.Now gonna go watch sum movie.

21 comments:

  1. all the above said is original and true to the best of my knowledge. a lot has been left out though...but that's to maintain the short length of this post.
    all the chararacters and incidences are real and any resemblance to any person is not coincidental but purely for embarassing that person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The exam season! Everyone is writing about it these days. But this post, I liked!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heheh - Exams sounded like most fun in this post - You like more than lived upto my own belief abt Exams. I used to sail thru exams coz they didn't give me the hibbie-jibbies or anything, but iI could never write crap in a paper. usually wrote reasonable bull-shit and had to pass with decent marks. Btw how come your Final exams aren't important? I'm vaguely curious abt that...

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. for engineering, i used to write movie scripts..lol, and get 2/100 or so....
    *frowning at u* but for my mba, i was more serious!! one way is, irrespective of the questions, u should write what you know about, have been saved that way twice...:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I second what misty said .... Do NOT remind me of exams. Not me.. but my brat's going through her very first exams. I need a lonnnnnnnnnnng vacation to recover. But you make it sound like fun. *dreamy look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess you dont know about the pleasure of open notes exams!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey elixir where do you study ?how come finals are'nt imp ?i want to study in such institutions.me all set to give my papers on 13 april.
    succubus i kow how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Purv: hehe yeah a lot indeed like anand going to da loo n da supervisor taking away his answersheet wid answers half done!! i still lmao over that one!!! n marfu writing da difference between man and a woman n showing its diagramatic representation...

    A: thang u thang u ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Succubus:hehe those r prelims. finals is still a long LONG time to go.25th o april.
    *grins* but true, thr always is sum1 in worse state than u are. thank u :P

    Geetz:lol reasonable bullshit?? i wonder wats that now!! :P
    n these arent finals sweetz. preliminary examinations 2 test our ummwatever.*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mist: dudette- hehe not reminding u. Go study!!
    n turning FB on. yeah a few lessons on ur blog should suffice wat say??*wink*

    Manu: :-o my classmate did that!! wrote songs n movie dialogues in his Management THoughts And practices Paper. I sooo hope it gets corrected!! jus to see da fun. And another frd wrote bout men n women n thier diagrams and their distinction in da same subject. Hehe guys*rolling eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Astra: babes, hehe, ur brat appearing for her first exams n u need a vacation already!!! :)) n frm wat i read bout her on ur blog...she is FARR FARRRR ahead than i was when i was her age.
    n bout making it sound like fun...my mom has sleepless nites due to my antics...all da bestest 2 u sweetheart *wink*

    MitB: And who do we have here???? BAH another engineer *rolling eyes*

    Aparna: april 13th Aparna?? ours r frm da 25th o April. n i rest my case :P et tu too succubus.

    ReplyDelete
  12. just done with exams for a while now.. had them in the afternoon..so it was pretty ok i guess..atleast i didn't miss any..
    Great blog though..my first of many many more visits..
    GW
    hey u dont know me..came here via bykedwytch blog.. happy writing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I third the 'dont remind me of exams' vein that seems to be running across the comment page.
    I came here a while back and saw the post. I came, I saw, I ran. Exams are not nice things. No way. Odious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  15. GW: hehe no wonder u sound relaxed, look at da other harrowd ppl on da comments.
    n thank u n come by many many more times :D
    n i loved ur blog, esp da wishlist...

    Oxy: lol wat do i say?? Go study??:P

    ReplyDelete
  16. ya exams i have a couple tomm...and am yet to open my books...........god help the poor teacher who might consider correcting tommorows papers!!so hows life .."preparing" for ue finals??

    ReplyDelete
  17. My exams went pretty much the same way .. you look at others .. and get up. Esp the last paper .. and always the talk "Internal papers are never gonna be checked anyways .."... hehe
    And the longest word .. ever heard of this one : supercalifragilisticexpialidocious ?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Divs: oh life always rocks...its jus that i dont rock wid it!!!

    Junkie: hehe yea i kno wat u saying.
    n bout da longest word. i think u jus made it up

    Mehr: tch tch tch too bad gurl. SCREAM PROTEST RANT!!!!
    we generally have it in march. but ours got delayed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Muhahahahah ... laughing at little kids who bother about the inane things in life, like exams.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah i'm writing something in my exams too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a great story. Waiting for more. »

    ReplyDelete