Sunday, April 17, 2005

Academia!!!!

There is something about examinations and da stress that makes one do everything except study. I mean its jus one month left for the finals and all of a sudden, there is an insatiable urge to cram in every activity that you’ve needed to do in that academic year in that one month before the exam date. Im talking bout waking up at 2 to play the harmonium n practice singing, making candles, watching movies bak to back and da choice….psycho 1 n 2, Urban Legend, Terminator 1 2 and 3…don’t wanna go into that now, painting one wall of the room with harappan drawings like that in the film PREM starrign Tabu and Sanjay Kapoor, the Aati Nahi song. If you’ll dono wat im talking bout, then it is a major loss for all the bollywood lovers. That movie is a winner. *wink*id been to see Hum Aapke Hain Kaun and they were showing Prem. I watched that instead. Trust me I don’t regret it:P then reading Harry Potter and his escapades, dig out old phone numbers of friends who are not in touch…

Final semester exams frm the 25th of April. And does Shipraji have the timetable?? Nope. For that matter noone else does too, other than the fact that the first testing is to be done on the entrepreneurial skills…
So here it goes…good old class one istyle.
Date Day Subject Time
25/4/2005 Monday Entrepreneurship 3.00-5.00
26/4/2005 Tuesday Quantitative Analysis 3.00-5.00
and Statistics
27/4/2005 Wednesday Call up anna and ask
Okie so no timetable, so no study planning, theek hai, not all that bad!! But then do u have all da notes. Ummm…weelllll….*sheepish* when do u plan to have em?? Errrrr….ill go 2 coll sumday, ask sum1 to get em and photocopy em. N now shut up u conscience, im on a 2 day chutti from studying so don’t prick me!!!

But then I think when I don’t study, there is something or the other that happens. Like the ant biting my left eye, being down with bad tummy. Im my best when im not in motion. Bowels or otherwise. Papa decided Paani puri wud do sum good. It did. My stomach was stable but then it was my nose running. Snorting and paper towels. I don’t see why people around have to make a face when you blow your nose. I bet everyone does it when they think they r not being heard or seen. Now I wud love to go into detailed description of exactly how the entire process goes but then I think everyone knows, so ill jus stuff it.

But jokes apart. I think, exams, marks, internal assessment, sucking up to the co ordinator…they don’t really matter when we look at the big picture. I mean there is like a big bad world out there right. And it doesn’t really look at ur marks before ripping you apart do they?? So when you are gonna get fuckd anyways, why not have fun in the process, is what I have to say.
Mom: well if it really doesn’t matter, then y do they have marks on the resume??
Me: because that’s all the losers have to show for their life’s achievement!! That’s y.
Mom: ur crap again
Me: now look, y wud u wanna show ur SSC ka marks, when u have ur graduation marks already. So unless uve skippd a yr or sumthing, u obviously have passed ur secondary and higher secondary exams. *smirks at the superior display of intellect*
Mom: go study!!!!
Me: so it means that you showing ur marks jus because ur 10th was the only exam u scored real neat marks…blah blah blah…..


Aah I was talking bout the big picture. I AM an evolved human being. And such mundane things like exams n all, they don’t really matter to my higher state of living. I am beyond the moh maya of marks, aakhir marks kya hai?? Materialism hai!! Not like I take my marksheet when I reach nirvana. I take my spirit, my soul, my inner core, which does not have brain, which does not follow logic. Which fails to understand such harsh competition where your own classmates don’t give you their notes to copy or photocopy in the fear that you get better grades than they do. Bah. Guile and cheating wont take you far @ %$#^& (name withheld for author’s safety) good deed done today will demand another tomorrow.

I mean what losers!! Attending classes every single day *belch* copy copious amounts of notes…scribble like crazy. Beam at the professor when he calls out ur name for attendance. Beam otherwise too. Laugh at some dumb joke crackd by an oily sleazy professor who winks at u for every second line he says. Bitch bout a professor to another. Religiously lick the co ordinators ass, just so that he (luckily) remembers you when he is allotting marks outta da blue in the final week of exams.
A conversation with a fellow classmate, who is like a real bitch.
P@_@L : this is not fair!!!! U study jus a week before the exams, and you score ** and I study like two TWO whole months and I score jus 5 % more than you do.
Me: aah well…*smiles*

Now in fornt o her boyfriend who doesn’t wish to study sitting in the library but she drags him and makes him sit with her. Lol

P@_@L : this is not fair!!!! You kno (her boyfriend) ship studies jus a week before the exams, and she scores ** and I study for like two TWO whole months and I score jus 5 % more than she does. Not fair naa!!!! U also like that only…both of u.
*now this aint done lady, this aint done by a long shot!! U say that 2 me, its okie, u say that in front o ur guy, who happens to be a better friend than U are….nope, not done AT ALL* so what happens?? The bitchiness in shipra comes rears its pretty head.
Me: well, you see P@_@l, u kno studying doesn’t come easy to you. So your insecurity translates into frantic preps eons before exams. N moi *chilld out voice* I kno I can study and score well. I don’t really even need to prove it 2 anybody!!! Its like when you have something, you don’t have da urge to go search for it, capture it for yourself. You are confident in the fact that you can get it if u want to, but since u don’t wanna…y bother at al.
Lol, poor soul, but then she was asking for it. And when someone asks, thou shall not refuse says amma.
And wont amma be proud of her grand daughter now!!


So that’s that now. And I plan to dedicate the nxt two weeks to sincere studying. I mean these are the finals. The culmination of not just my year but my 15 years of education.
My last attempt at redeeming myself in front of my mommy, setting an example of being the eldest in the family and passing out wid ahem flying colours. showing p@_@l da stuff im made of. Making papa proud. And plain having sum geeky marks in my resume. So that I too can show I have no life outside books. Hehe.*wink*

Psst psst: me off blogging for a while. But wish me bestest o luck people. I really need it this time. More than ever!!!!!!
N now its Misty who brings her blog down...i jus dont get it!!!!*shakes head*

31 comments:

  1. Prem ? If I remember correctly .. then isn't it the movie about re-incarnation or sth .. I think there was something related to some caves and magic in that movie .. or was it some other movie .. but whichever movie that was .. it was absolutely $#!^^_ (now excuseme if u really like this movie ..)
    And lol at the big picture thingy .. me always telling people the same thing ..
    "Yeh exam bole to mya hai ..
    yeh marks bole to maya hai .."

    Hehe ..
    --
    Well , bestest of luck to you for your exams .. hope you do study well (I've been trying for the past 3 days of chhutti .. unsuccessfully .. and my exams from may 2 :( )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hwllo,Mandrake Das here.

    liked ur blog a lot.And yes first visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bah, I have a BUSY (uh huh) week coming up too .. LOTS of term papers due and exams and more exams .. ugh.

    Did I tell you? Not to remind me of exams? :( .. Ship, you @#$%^&*!@#

    *breaks into tears* .. may I have a mop and bucket, please?

    And, hey - you mentioned me on your blog! I'm popular! Yayyyy! :D .. Aarey, I gotta study for my exams too isliye no blogging *in a totally civilized tone*

    Okay, outta here now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey!! doo well!! ..oh mannn im SOOO glad im done with exams....
    after the very last one.. i always walk out of the hall.. looking dazed.. do you feel that way?.... theres no JUMP OF HAPPINESS that everyone says will be there pn the last day!!
    -grafx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol@sincere studying.. *wiping grin off face* all the best... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey dont worry, even if you screw up, there is always another chance!

    I mean that's what happens in Prem too. They screw up(not literally though!!) in one life and then re-unite in another.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey all da best!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incase you read this...


    Hey!! WHAT HAPPEND? we were supposed to meet and swap notes and stuff...

    Oe week to go.. Just opened my SSF books... First subkect studing has BEGUbn!!!

    (and lasted 12 minutes...)..

    Will have to settle for a 65% again..
    Damn... Motivate me woman!

    ReplyDelete
  9. best of luck. ;-)
    go get some nerdy marks now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG I didn't finish reading this post only - it was just soooooooooo long! ;-)

    I shall go back to the post and attempt to read it fully now, instead of skimming through it!

    PS I would never dare to use the F-word in front of my folks; when I said that I use "uber muthafucking cool" all the time, I meant ard frnds! :-) Ard folks I restrain myself to "bloody" and "damn" for which my mother frowns big time at me...lady and all that you know! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh oh i come out of my study chamber to find this??:-/ is the universe trying to tell me sumthin??is this a sign??:-|

    :( exam fever. i know.am off to my books again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey the last comment was by me....somehow cant sign in.

    --rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ALL THE BEST!!
    Have fun with ur books girl and u take care...will see ya around!

    ReplyDelete
  14. is moh maya ke jaal mein fasna nahi baalike......yeh sab temporary hai....jeevan mein bahut saari aur bhi cheeze hai joh hame zindagi ke sachhaiyon se vaartalaab karati hai .... jaise ki internet, tv, food, sleep ityaadi ityaadi.

    kintu kabhi waqt nahi guzarta ho toh hame sampark karne ko katai na hichkichana, nisankoch hame fon karna. humare paas hamare bhakto ke liye bahut waqt hota hai.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey all the best.. do well in the exams..

    Misty is back.. she's got a new address, but I don't think its in my prerogative to reveal where :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey...recently stumbled upon all u fellow indian bloggers ..and i must say i'm enjoying reading so many good blogs. keep up d good work ppl!!
    and all d best fer yer "yecxhamz" !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. best of luck! will be taking a break for a while too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. good good, busy studying i c.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Poor poor mom! *me grins*
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Been there, done that. Take it from a veteran... there's no point in studying. Tell mom an engineer told you that. And tell her he got a job and that he didnt have to study for it.[And strictly speaking, Im not an engineer and I dont have a job coz I aint done with college yet. Dont tell your mom that.]

    ReplyDelete
  21. Of course marks matter. I mean, what kind of guy will marry you if you scored less than 70% in 4th standard.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Besties for the exams and come back soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. all the best of luck ships!!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEST OF LUCK MINE GOT OVER YESTERDAY

    ReplyDelete
  25. So.....I start blogging again and you stop blogging for some time.....great.....Guess "uparwala" doesnt want two great bloggers....blogging at the same time.....


    Great???????

    ReplyDelete
  26. hope the 2 go well.. after u r done with them, please drop in for just a second :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. HAPPY DIWALI DHAMAKA
    http://www.aishwaryaraiworld.org/

    ReplyDelete
  28. HAPPY DIWALI DHAMAKA

    ReplyDelete
  29. NICE SITE
    http://www.outsourcing-word.org/

    ReplyDelete