Monday, February 21, 2005

Taking the Leap

Wasn’t easy. My decision to do it. Had always thought I should do it. Not coz I NEED to do it, yes I can make do without doing it. Have always been fascinated by the entire concept. Of course people would say, people who do it on a regular basis that it is no big deal. That it doesn’t matter. That it is routine now and the fascination is gone. That there was no fascination to begin with, but I was fascinated. It seemed amazing. The pain, the pleasure…the need, the ecstasy!!

Nani says we belong to a conservative culture. That we need not venture into such things. That it is needless complication. And it is not like it is glaring obvious that I am not doing it. Just when we look carefully we see it. Said it might have long-term repercussions. Said I can do it after I get married. Or the time im gonna get married. Says its okie then. Coz I will be more grownup. And can bear the pain. I told her I can bear the pain even now. That I NEED to bear pain. How will I have pleasure then…ofcourse I didn’t say it out loud, nani would have a heart ache. And that every gurl I know does it. My nani was still vehement about not letting me do it. Said there are other options, that doing it…was not necessary. Now you would ask why do I need to ask nani about it…I didn’t. It just sorta happened.

My mom was okie bout it. She had no issues. Whether I do it or not. She just askd me if I were ever doing it, that I need to be careful and that should go to someone who has more experience. They are more gentle for the first timers. What with all the pain and soreness…And she did admit if I were to ever do it sumtime now, then I mite have to do it again and again and again. And that there might be times when I don’t want to. That im bored and that im disgusted. And that there are gonna be times when it will be the test of my endurance coz it will hurt like hell, will be draining, physically…emotionally!! But im still gonna have to do it. Because there is no other way out. And that during winters it might pain more than usual. But I still m gonna have to do it. Because I chose to do it. And that there is no stopping.

My older friend said it kinda gets addictive later. Some people do it everyday. She does it everyday. And some people do it every alternate day. The best part about it is, she said, though it needs to be done during a specific time of the day/nite, it can be done anytime. That it has flexibility. And she said the adrenaline rush…is sumthing that has to be experienced more than to be talked about. Said its more fun when there are people around. And if we had to do it alone then music should accompany. She suggested I do da earlier. Since she knows im more the social kind.

All that made me a lil apprehensive. Mixed emotions. Of course I was brought up in a conservative family. Mere physical strain didn’t seem right. I had to be emotionally and mentally prepared too. To give myself to it. Seemed like a serious commitment to me. And I was not sure if I were upto it. I was too young for such working towards the building of such relationship. Such dedication. But I decided to do it. To see if I can make it. It was a challenge. And im glad I did it.

And now its been 3 months since im doing it. I feel more energetic, more supple more beautiful and confident about myself. And bonus…lost a bit of weight too…

Gymming sure is a lot of fun…and yes…it is addictive ;-)

26 comments:

  1. full points for keeping the suspense on until the very last sentence. :-) btw talking abt being addictive, my lazy self didn't get any withdrawal symptoms when i stopped going to a gym. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-)

    ROTFLMAO!

    Ok babe, had I not read the last line on my way up from your last post, I'd have so totally fallen for it! Awesome piece of writing!

    PS What breed is Rocky?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though I figured that it wasn;t about what i hoped it;d be about.... I hoped till the very end..

    DAMN YOU@@!!... Grrr... :p
    hehehehehehe...
    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    GHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA
    MUAHAHAHAHHHA..
    Loved it dear...

    where do u gym.... ? Mayhaps we can do 'eeet' together...? ... with or without ppl watching...
    (I am now officially hitting on you.. quite creepily .... heheheh..)_

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...ill never think of gymming in the same way again.. ROFLMAO..lol that was hilarious!
    Kudos to you gurl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Satchit: hehe hota hai sumtimes...maybe you are doing "it" among people...try music..it sure helps. Ofcourse laziness has no cure :P

    Geetu: lol. too bad u read da last line
    Rocky is a cross. Alsation and Pom...pom mom, alsation pop. dont ask me how or why...sumthings are beyond comprehention. :P:P

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe.......nice one.....but every one even your nani would love it if you went on a hogging spree.......atleast my nani n mum are wanting me to put on a few more pounds.......and are feeding me with everything fattening..... It feels good to be pampered.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diab: lol. irish coffee, gymming together, just whr were u 14th of this month???!!!!???
    well neva mind...sure we ll do it together...wid some NIIICCEEEE musiq :D

    Mistress: did visit ur blog. Humane and very interesting :-) loved da post on God.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, I've always wondered.. what do girls go to gym for? to reduce weight? 'cos i m not sure guys like girls with arms, biceps or chests and all.. I really donno..

    Man with no Name
    (http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grafxgurl...here i was wondering exactly wat ur nick meant. Reminded me of garfunkel.
    And then i visitd ur blog...gurl kudos to u...people HERE WE HAVE A GURL WHO IS TECHIE!!!!!
    my respect 4 u has risen 5 brownies :D

    BTS: its okie if u hog...u skinny guy:P
    and u telling about being pampered...*sigh* in retrospect i think it wud have done me good widout sum pampering :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. ship!! how cud u do it....n dat tooo wid ppl u nevr met bef!! for 3 months!! wid ladies tooo!! in da aftnoon!! n u practised it at home!! in front o ur parents!!

    lemme jus stop here bef it gets nemore gross!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. MwnN: shows wat u kno...but then again...u admit u dono.
    lemme explain. Gurls who r slim wid Gods grace *which lemme tell u aint fair!!!!* go thr jus 2 meet da cute guys.
    Gurls who r gravitationally chellenged like urs truely go thr so that she can get slim and THEN da nxt stage is da cute guy bench pressing. Samjha??

    Purv: yeah well...i just about managed. Me telling ya, u need to do IT too. Ofcourse find ur own "trainer" :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO u pumpin' it eh? cool.

    I used to do it at home. but then the thing broke up :-D

    Maybe i shud join in somewhere too... but then El Diabl020 isnt asking me out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. sheh! i knew it! hmph. btw, who wants to wait till tehy get maried? fir the thing you hoped we'd think...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mistress: :-) sure

    J: hehe. broke it?? yeah daib is asking me 2 join him wile he is doing it...*psst psst though i said yes..im kinda repulsed by da idea....dont tell him though*

    Phal: *guilty* give up!!! ur jus too smart for me. Just dont make it da national news. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great bit of writing!..Very well done :D .. though I suspected the conclusion, I couldn't help but grin throughout, at the brilliantly sly way of putting across the suspense. Keep writing * hugzz *

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you makin me proud Ships!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Astra: lol. yep

    Suderman: yeah u should b proud!!! it wasnt easy and u of all people know it. My motivational Guru :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. *grin* go tell 'em dirty minds to go get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonder, what else could this have been besides about gymming! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Rapunzel: *grinning* "GO U SODDEN LOSERS GET A LIFE!!!!!" thr i told em

    Manuscrypts: :D

    Primal Soup: ouch. u dont know. or maybe u do... :P
    Me linking ya.

    ReplyDelete
  21. am lol n agree wit phal when she said- btw, who wants to wait till tehy get maried? fir the thing you hoped we'd think...

    ReplyDelete
  22. hey you.......
    good!!
    oh and god I know how badly I need to get into the gym mode.....:-)
    u keep churning out good stuff dear and have fun at the gym!!
    take care, divs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aparna: n my reply is da same as to phal's :P ;)

    Divs: *smiles* u take care too.
    and get bak 2 gymming.

    ReplyDelete