Saturday, February 05, 2005

So I dont dig cars!!!!!!

“DID YOU SEE THE BEAUTY THAT ZOOMED BY???!!!! Nope. I didn’t see the beauty that zoomed by. I was too buzy checkin out da guy who was paying the rickshaw fare. More often than not, while us college friends are walking, this is the line that gets repeated again and again and again till I feel I just have to let up and puke it out of my system. It gets worse when these is another pretty (the first one is me ofcourse!!!) gurl walking by the side.

Why would guys want to talk about cars and their make when soo obviously gurls don’t get it even if their lives depended upon it. Okie gurls in this context are the ones like me who are just so bad with automobiles that I have to look at the shiny alphabets in the rear of the gaddi to know what make it is. What the heck, I just can identify an Ambassador or a Maruti 800 and maybe a Santro without any help. The others are all the same. Tinboxes as a friend called it once. It doesn’t come as a wonder if I tell that I don’t know how to drive. But then even that admission isn’t enough to appease the minds and the talks of my guy friends. “Oh come on ships like that is a handicap!!! Look at A, she drives down to college but has she any clue if she is diving a ____ or a _____. She might as well be driving a cardboard box on wheels for all the respect she pays to the car. *rolling eyes*

Why such vehement response outta the blue would you ask? Because I am given a task. Setting up a fictional auto spare parts plant!!! As a part of the entrepreneurial project. I cant spell the darned word. Wont help the cause if I tell the professor I don’t have a single entrepreneurial bone in my entire body!!! The professor didn’t stop at just setting the Goddamned thing. He wants us to make it into a global leader in spare parts. !@##%$^????? *Choked voice box*

The best part is yet to come!!!! The guys in the team have no clue about automobiles. Bloody losers!!!! In other instances I would have thank the lord and hugged the guys but now I cant seem to decide if I should throttle them or myself. The situation would have been hilarious if not so pathertic. Iam at my wits end!! Tried googling for “spark plug” some one during the brain storming session told us that it is the smallest part after nuts and bolts. But then yesterday someone else told me there are different spark plugs for different types of vehicles. Id be damned!!!! Then we decided (so obviously didn’t want to complicate the already doomed to failure project) that windscreen would be the next bet. Now today im googling for wind shields from Garware.

*resigned to fate* There are some things a gurl doesn’t get. This is one of them. Technology is another. No I don’t feel bad or left out. There is only so much that a gurl can do to keep her ego into check. How would it help if I knew everything about everything. It would be hell to live wid someone with so intelligent and proficient in everything. Now if isn’t hell to live with me already, I leave it to Purva to comment. And im sure she wont let me down.

Psst psst: incidentally Purva knows a lot about cars and their makes and she can drive too. And before people reading this think she is God’s gift to “man”kind. Remember she has a forked tongue and a nasty mind.

23 comments:

  1. He He,Funny! I just replaced the word 'car' with 'girl' and everything started making sense!

    Dig This:
    What the heck, I just can identify an Aishwarya or a Madhuri and maybe a Sonali without any help. The others are all the same ....

    Hey on that entrepreneurial note, why dont you sell outrageously futuristic auto parts like the zeomatic axle break or the kryptonite mega bazooker? Or usefull things which aren't present in cars today but will be extremely usefull like 'The Automatic Middle Finger Raiser' to show your attitude to the world or 'Police Man Proximity Meter' to avoid speeding tickets.

    PuLa .... yeh bezati sehen mat karo. Ship ko mu-tod javaab do ...

    -Ananymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh come on.. how can u not like cars.. they are god's gift to mankind... i mean, wudnt be u feel anything at all if saw a red ferrari zooming by you? or mabbe a black porsche carrera gt?

    http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/files/clipart/jpegs/cars/Ferrari_F50.jpg
    http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/files/clipart/jpegs/cars/Porsche_Carrera_GT_2.jpg

    just look at these two images.. m sure u'd change ur mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. busy lukin at da guy payin rickshaw fare??????.......i wud b busy lukin at da guy drivin da lancer or da optra!!......n if luck's on my side .....da guy drivin da merc or da red ferrari.....for all u knw it cud b siddharth mallya ;)!!

    n wid da proj.....wil deffy help u as n wen i can :)

    -pu.la. (godsend)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, accordin to one of ur prev posts, purva is more charming than u, smarter than u and talks like mad..now u tell me she lovs cars and can drive as well :D droooolll....ne chance she has a Y!M id :D heheheh

    Xcentric

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anan: yeah i kno nothing like that exists...u bullshiting bout watsthatshit!!! n no wonder u dont get gurls...u have a mental block:P

    Misty: do come again... NO PUN :P
    ill check out ur blog too. :)

    Prashant:*rolling eyes* NONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Purva: Bah...u think IF siddharth mallya happens 2 glimpse outta his car, he is gonna see U??? PHULEASE!!!!! Im gonna b thr by ur side ain't i *gloating*

    Abhinay: I dont think im gonna dignify it wid an answer.
    *making a face at u*

    ReplyDelete
  6. yo shippi....my fan club growin!!
    thankx u n ur blog, buddy!!

    n mr. xcentric....ur stars seem 2 b bright n u gona hav a bhagyodya....coz i do HAV a Y! id!! ;)

    -pu.la.(in demand)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah phal.....n probably da guy payin rick fare had sent his merc 4 servicing!!;)

    -pu.la. (optimistic!!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tell U what? Write up on a bullock cart and its advantages and say a ferrari/porche/suck-a** can lick the bullock and U'll clear the paper.. atleast I'll clear U..

    "Whats in a car.. that which U drive any other automobile, you'll be just as fined(by the cop..unless its a bullock cart that is)"
    - Man with no Name
    (http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol @ Man With No Name.
    But I too think cars are just cars. No big deal.

    -Tasneem

    ReplyDelete
  10. ships, liar...
    wat natak...
    dint u say u know to drive men crazy?
    and now u say u can't drive at all? :P
    -Main Kaun Hoon?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Purva: see that wasn’t too hard was it?? Seeing the good side of the situation…now if u only apply that concept to everyday living…we (read me) wud b much happier.

    Phal n Tasneem…thank u ladies!!!*group hug*
    Learn…purv...LEARN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. MwnN: hehe. I think I just mite do that. write bout the merits of bullock cart. Alas it aint u but prof G whos gonna assess the report.
    @purv- bullock cart…ring a bell??*wink*

    SIGH...dear MKH...lemme remind u that it didn’t work on u.my charm i mean. God knows I tried!! :P
    Toh technically the statement still stands.

    ReplyDelete
  13. my love for cars is restricted to salivating abt 'm on cover pgs of glossy magzines or seeing one cruise down the road. i dont let my visual field go inside the car to the driver bcz of reasons( old foggies driving the car or the driver) stated by phal.
    my moments of revealation regarding automobiles in general- 1)there are tubeless tyres and tubes with tyre.
    2) when crossing the road , if a vehicle flashes the head lights ( hope thats is what ppl call 'em!!!!!!!!)translates into-let me drive away then u ,the pedestrain can cross the road in safety.( n i always did the opposite.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quake III Arena, Doom 3, Half life 2, Grand Theft Auto : San Andreas, Mafia, Unreal Tournament, F.A.K.K, Star Wars : Knights of the Republic , Sid Miers Pirates, Age of Mythology, Need For Speed Underground

    ReplyDelete
  15. I AM god’s gift to man(kind)
    I know a bit abt cars
    I love them more than I like men
    The bigger the better
    I have a forked tongue n a nasty mind
    But I still havent learnt to drive :-p
    Why should I, the guy’s gonna drive rite?

    ReplyDelete
  16. psst...drop by this afternoon with a bit o dat elixir. we gotta finish what we started, dont v?;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey.. ditto... the only exception is the F1 ferrari.. hehe.. btw, give you prof a design for a car which will regenerate its own spareparts (like a starfish) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in love with Poorva! lol - ESPECIALLY for her forked tongue and nasty mind! ;-)

    hehehehe... elixir babe, don't worry too much abt cars - i'm in the dark abt them too... there's me and my bro, and he's like the whiz kid of car makes and i'm the dumbo that rolled down the hill! lol - am paying a lot of attention to bikes these days, though, since I'm planning to get one!... aaa, let's c... have fun in the meantime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anon1: aren’t u the subdued one???!!!?? Among the lot that is. Do leave ur name or sumthing da nxt time u visit.

    Anon2: yeah yeah…so are a guy im a gurl. U like games me likes Barbie dolls…u need 2 grow up n me need a cuppa coffee…if I were to make any guesses, would it be Vini making anon comments?? It sure looks like ur handiwork.

    J: hehe…*wink*

    ReplyDelete
  20. Princess: huh??!!!???

    Phal: lolz…yeah sweetheart but purva is kinda addicted to being a meanie…*hug u bak*

    Manuscrypts: lolz…don’t u just melt my heart!!!! :P

    Living High: aah welll whatever…bout purva >:P
    Bikes eh?? Mumbai traffic mein??? U have fun too

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well, you sure are funny and you seem to have a penchant for writing too :-). Keep up the good work. Its fun to log onto your blogspot and see all the stuff you post.Keep up the good work :-)...Sudhir

    ReplyDelete
  22. sudhir: thank u ...thank u veryy much-elvis style ;)

    Ritzy: thank u and i visited ur blog. Cool id say. Will drop by more often :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. while driving have seen guys payin rickshaw fare and not payin rickshaw fare checking me...:)

    ReplyDelete