Wednesday, June 29, 2005

There is God!!!!

I never proclaimed that being single till ur 20 is sumthing to be proud of. Not like you can do something about it. If you are the conventional types. I WAS the conventional types. But then…one day I decided enough was enough.

Happened a month ago.
Decided whether to blog about it. Then decided against it. Then my friend askd me why I didn’t write about it. Then I decided to take a hiatus from blogging. Now finally I figure its about time I sling some mud on the “FRIEND” who broke my heart*exaggeration*

Digression (primalsoup style): Coming back to blogging I realized what a heady feeling it is. Time away was to do some thinking. I was soo buzy living, id stopped living completely. Was being soo full of myself that my ego and my self centeredness was spilling outta my blog in2 the real world. So I had to stop and take charge. Not just the blog but everything else too. Didn’t work. Too bad. Ill leave deep writings for some other post. SEEEEEEE!!! Two weeks o introspection n absodamnlutely no effect. This is gonna piss me off too. But later!! All sodding stuff later!!!!

Anyways…I was saying, I am a perfectly normal human being. ANDD liking a guy is a part of normality. What isn’t normal…actually it is, but I thought it wasn’t…not normal-normal but conventional-normal. Too many people do it these days. Gurls I mean. Tell a guy she digs him. Makes sense actually. Coz if the guy digged u right bak, he would say or do sumthing bout it rite!!?? But no. Since it is not happening. Mite as well take the initiative yourself. Era of feminism n liberation of women and all that shit.

So I decided to spice up my concocted-in-mind-non-existent love life by deciding to have a crush on a friend. Well it isn’t as bad as it sounds. I didn’t think and decide that the person is gonna be my next infatuation or sumthing. Aaahhh. It is getting worse, my explanation. So ill chuck it.

CHAPTER I
A friend, a GOOD friend (now the good is in bold and caps not because he is more than a friend but a very close friend and later do you realize why I stressed on the goodness. *rolling eyes*) came down to India for his vacations. And I*ashamed now* was infatuated by him. The last statement is making me defensive. But I wont defend myself or anything. I bet everyone goes through these phases. And he is a smart, intelligent and nice guy. Not very studly…but then theek hi hai abhi, u can't have everything. But as it turned out you can't have a decent response to the first tentative proposal of your life. One would expect more from a good friend. SIGH!!

So almost a month after he came down, I decided after too much deliberations and a lot o coaxing from a colleague (Christine) that I should tell him how I feel before he leaves for states or id have lost the chance till the next time he comes and who knows if by then…one year is a long time *jeez I am sounding like femme fatale!!!!*

And I collected my courage one day and told him on the phone that I THINK I am developing a huge HUGE crush on him. Waited with bated breath for his reaction. And…ANDDDDDD!!!!!! He laughed. HE LAUGHED!!!!!!! *the nerve of the ass like he gets such statements 10 a day*

Him: hehe, how much do you know me anyways?!
Me: Yeah I know, I am a fool.*muttering under my breath*
Him: no, you are cute.
Cute??!!!??CUTE???!!!! yeah rite!!
Me:*still persistant* cute?? Isn’t there something you should say?? Like no, ships u don’t like me or sumshit. You just gobbled it and sit quiet.
Him: what do you want me to say?? I knew it already.
I left the matter. If anything I didn’t expect him to be chilled about it. I was almost embarrassed. I can't be soo transaparent. At least being a good *the good from the bold and caps above comes in question comes here*. A friend would mean you react suitably surprised and flattered and flustered. What with this being my first admission of infatuation, I expected my friend to be more considerate and react appropriately. But no!! I was gonna get a supremely smug reaction of “I already knew it"

That was chapter one. Chapter two is worse. And here is where I show what an ass he really is and how the villain broke my heart.

CHAPTER II
He knows a gurl since 5 years. Since before I knew him. He doesn’t know her, know her. He’d jus met him once before for God’s sake. I knew that he would like to get to know her better. He found her interesting. All that I knew I admit. I was a friend before naa. It was recently that I had more than friendly feelings for him *or not!!*

When he came down this time, he decided he will meet her. I, yes people it was I who told him, encouraged him even, to go meet her. She wasn’t ready, but I asked her to be persistant. Finally she agreed to meet him.

And this pig tells me about it. Some thing like this is the conversation.
Me: *morose* how did it go??
Him: *pepped up* oh it was nice!! She is very nice. I would like to meet her again. Get to know her.
(oh and btw, did I fail to mention that she has a boyfriend already?? YES!! She is seeing someone already and he still wants to “get to know her better” HURMP!!)
ME:*feigning excitement* good for u, r u meeting her again? * heart beating 130 a minute*
Him: hehe yeah. She didn’t want to. But she wants a book that I have. I told her if she wants the book, she has to meet me.
*duh!!!! Ofcourse she doesn’t wanna meet. She has a guy already. But I was still empathetic n all, I decided if not mine but at least his love life should go somewhere. SIGH. DOUBLE SIGH!!! I supported him all along*

just before he leaves he messages me saying he is going to meet her that day and will profess his interest in her.

All would have been fine if I hadn’t liked him liked him…Worse was me had told him bout it and the pig discusses his lovelife with ME of all people. Then has the nerve of asking me if I was alright about it.

Alls well that ends well…the gurl didn’t meet him, he didn’t confess anything, I was glad- ashamed about how happy I was- but still glad.

OH THERE IS GOD!!!! *grin*



52 comments:

  1. The best part is that U call him a pig and mean it.. Good for all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahat a pigggggg....seriously guys like dat dont deserve you.next time you say that tuh someone MEAN IT.

    And yes,I really think u shd have acted a bit tougher with the hole.godd tuh have you bak :-)

    das

    ReplyDelete
  3. jerk!! arrey baba one more experience.....c'mon the girl didnt meet him.;-).........*hugs*.....:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so identified with the first part of the post abt discovering you have a crush on "good" friend - hey hang in there babe! There's plenty of fish in the sea, sp one that would appreciate you...

    WELCOME BACK!!!

    PS me not THAT lazy;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. u have an amazing sense of writing..i really love it..wish i could write and communicate as well as u do...just doesn happen..anyways take care..bbye for now

    ReplyDelete
  6. ya i agree wid maverick u communicate quite well...

    and are there many more fishes/sharks/whales/blue whales.//
    in the sea.. and some pigs/dogs/...in short animals oops i mean men..:D
    life goes on..

    have fun

    cya

    ReplyDelete
  7. welcome byack gal! The pull of the blogworld was more than the force of your will to stay away from it eh? Oh well...I have a physics exam tomorrow :-s c u around. i give full permission to u to develop a crush on me if u HAVE to. *oh-oh!BHAAAGO!*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey .. nice to have you back ...
    So ? Lots of shit happened , huh ?.. hmm... but it's ok .... at least you came out strong .. calling him a pig ... nice .. be strong and remain happy .. that is all that matters ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. and/but he works in mysterious ways :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hehehehe... we not friends yet.. we've only met once.. so i hope you pardon me while i roll on the floor laughing my ass off.:P
    ok! firstly..i'd like to say been there DONE that!!..:D falling for friends is tricky ...really really tricky..i found that out the hard way.:|
    ...
    well and also!! i know how it feels to be 20 something and remain single and horny as hell( what!???!!!!we all are young and hot blooded!! if we dont be horny NOW then when.. at 80!? sheeesh) anyways... but one thing ive learnt is ..its all about chemistry. (go figure!):P
    ....
    cheers.
    and hope you find a nice HOT intelligent STUD soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL !!!!

    Anyways the pig got what he deserved. Gud for him. Let this dame get married the next time he comes back *wicked laughter*

    And cheer up grl, there are lots of great guys arnd. Well not lots but quite a few ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. MwnN: lol yeah well he isnt as bad as i make it sound *sheepish*

    Das: hehe he aint that bad mandrake.
    n now me getting all defensive for him.

    ReplyDelete
  13. divs: lol yeah one MORE experience :P

    Geetz: not THAT lazy eh?? ill come check it out. :P

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maverick: :) thank u, n u write very well urself.
    Atleast ur post on love was real neat.

    Anubhav: yeah its da hope n optimism of more fishes n animals that keeps me going :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nikhil: physics exams?? not chemistry?? :P

    Ij: oh yeah im happy alrite! it aint liek im pining for him or sumthing. i bounced rite bak. he is a very good friend and i aint winning prizes for saying things as they r, i have a flair for exaggeration :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Manu: yeah?? u think so?? :P

    Andy: lol u find it funny?*pouting* :P n y u wanna roll on da floor laughing ur ass off huh?!!!??
    i thought being thr done thqt wud mean ud rather EMPATHISE wid me if not sympathise!! hurmp!!!
    n horny!!!??? watever makes u think I am horny haan HAAN??? im an achcha bachcha :P n i wudnt kno bout chemisty *sigh* never happened :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Been there, ALMOST done that...
    An SMS I received long back seems to hold true here...
    Sweethearts are like melons,
    Shall I tell you why??
    To find a good one,
    You must a hundred try...
    Now I don't recommend scoring a century but the fact remains that very few are lucky (or unlucky - depending on your perspective ;) ) to find love at first stroke. What you can do until you meet the Right One is to enjoy the wrong ones..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not as same as wht u had mentioned...but have experienced a something thing similar last year...had a crush, flirted for a while, then proposed her and finally got stabbed in the back...Boy that wud make one awesome masala-bolloywood story with malai marke ishtyle if I blog it down.

    But hey, I think there is no need for to be ashamed of anything...so chill

    ReplyDelete
  19. loved the post ...at least the way u've written it if not the way it turned out ;). anyway theres always hope :P;). now take a hammer and hit him on the head with it so he falls head over heels for u :P.

    ReplyDelete
  20. and babe i just lurvve ur template:D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww... poor pig! Y'know what? Your stories seem to run parallel (youre both single, youre both interested in someone, it didnt work out for either... maybe it will someday)

    ReplyDelete
  22. well ..well thank you madam..i'm glad u liked it..but dont get jealous..dont worry u'll find ur soulmate soon...and i love ur template..its really amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yup...pig alright...deserved it too! :) Hope u ok...and i agree abt the last line so dont feel ashamed ya!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Grin and tight hugs - such guys are not worth your time and effort baba. Good to have ya back :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. aiyo babes.. no no was merely laughing cause mere saath bhi kuch aisa hi hua tha so yes i totally EMPHATISE! :d..:P and ok i believe you..:P you MAY not horny.. BUT hum toh hai nah!!!:P buhahah.. it just adds up to the complications.
    arre.chemistry n all that dat even i never understood till.. after the reactions started happening. tera bhi time aayega re..;) till enjoy ..and LAGE RAHO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Welcome back!

    And hang in there. It'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've been there. Falling for girls who, well, "don't deserve to be fallen for". Oh well, that seems forever ago.

    Welcome back. That was some quick growing up, I must say. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi!

    ur blog, and when i say ur blog, that of cos includes the whole of de environment that uve successfully created on it. its beautiful,highly commendable.

    GOOD JOB
    excellent stuff
    (Y)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooh Ooh Oooh, Look who is back! :O

    Welcome Welcome! Quick growing up is always a good sign! :)

    Now don't go away anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello...Ms headhunterni...hahahaa :p You write real well....no wonder love's blind, dontcha agree now?

    ReplyDelete
  32. Welcome back...
    so very articulate of you...

    ReplyDelete
  33. hey
    i like de new look.
    or mebbe it's not really new, and i've been away for far too long.
    sigh. :_)

    ReplyDelete
  34. *hugs* its ok. yes there is god but above all does mr.pig hv ur blog url?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hailooo

    we need a new post here gal.

    ReplyDelete
  36. cud u teach me how to create a blog template like this haan?
    mine ain't worth a dime :(

    ReplyDelete
  37. There is a saying- Jo hota hai acche ke liye hota hai (yeah, you are going to tell me to shove it!! :-P) But hey, look at it this way, he wasn't worth it and there is someone else out there waiting for you, WAY better than this idiot!! You just have to be patient I guess :-)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Now what? On a vacation again?

    ReplyDelete
  39. happens yaar...with time everything will be fine..but u deserve someone better..think abt it..and dont make mistakes(ask the guy u like to go and meet some gal.)thats the moral of this lesson..keep the guy u like all to urself.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hey ... where are you girl ? I thought you returned for good ...

    ReplyDelete
  41. Where have you disappeared? Whats this Off Orkut business? Don't tell me this "Good Friend" has left you so totally devastated!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aha...hello hello ..where r u?

    ReplyDelete
  43. its been long dear..come back with a post...-Akhil

    ReplyDelete
  44. Scooby dooby doo, where are you??? And where's the taggie???

    ReplyDelete
  45. Do come back on blogging. Its been a long time :(

    hope things are fine there and you enjoying life.

    Greetz!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. wowwwwwwwwwwww , jumped here from z000nies blog ,,, hehee ,,, gosh how can u guys write so good , i m impressed man .... nice post , hope to c more nice stuff in future tooo.... keep on rocking..
    st000nie

    ReplyDelete
  47. Nice blog Elixir. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for skydive related information and found your site. I have a skydive site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Please try and visit it, see what you think and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Elixir. I was looking for skydiving gear related information and came across your blog. Very good reading! I have a skydiving gear site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Check it out when you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Nice blog Elixir. Your posts were interesting reading. I was looking for skydiving supplies related information and found your site. I have a skydiving supplies site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Please try and visit it, see what you think and enjoy!
    If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Fantastic blog you've got here Elixir, I was looking for skydive related information and found your site. I have a skydive site. You'll find info on skydiving gear, equipment, drop zones, powered parachutes, tandem sky diving, base jumping and more! Stop by and check it out when you can. Enjoy!
    If you have a site similar to mine and would like to exchange links, please contact me through my website.

    ReplyDelete