Tuesday, June 07, 2005

My experience of life... Part I

Living in the suburbs of Mumbai, the conversation I had with a friend. Now this friend I might add lives in lokhandwala which is supps to be pretty hep as against me who travels in local trains and lives in the not so hep part o the city *two kinds words of empathy would do me good here*

flavours13: i've neva been there b4!! whatz the plc like??/
a_drop_of_elixir: totally picturesque
a_drop_of_elixir: n unlike my classmates think...we DO get electricity here n i dont have 2 go 2 a lake wid matka 2 fill water
flavours13: do u have tv??
a_drop_of_elixir: hehe nope. We all gang up at da panchayat offcie 2 watch aamchi maati n aamchi mansa at 7 in da evening n chitrahaar at 8
flavours13: whatz dat????
a_drop_of_elixir: its sum documentry that used 2 air in door darshan when i was in class 1 wid all farmers n all
flavours13: hahahahhahahah
flavours13: do ppl there know what mc donalds is???
a_drop_of_elixir: they dont
flavours13: realllyyyyyyyyy????????????
a_drop_of_elixir: ofcourse ppl here kno mc donalds
flavours13: do u have one???
a_drop_of_elixir: no we don’t but we have aamchi maati aamchi mansa
a_drop_of_elixir: my bedroom window faces a chotu hill n a pond n a crematorium
flavours13: u must b the smartest kid on the block eh??? knowin english n all!
a_drop_of_elixir: ohh yeah!! I am the smartest
flavours13: do u have cars there????
a_drop_of_elixir: no we travel by bullock cartsso a snail mail is delivered only sundays
flavours13: =))
a_drop_of_elixir: every week n that too, thr is no access n all
a_drop_of_elixir: so our postman keeps it at da "panchayat office" n we have 2 go collect it
a_drop_of_elixir: i do it every evening walk my calf her name is GANGA
flavours13: hahahahahhahah
a_drop_of_elixir: n yeah...wid me knowing English n all im like treated like a princess i get ribbons when i score well in exams
flavours13: aahhhh....n then u must go bak home frm coll n tell them all how the vada pav has civilized to b burgers in the city, hai na?
a_drop_of_elixir: yes. i tell ppl da stories n kids listen 2 me wide eyed. i tell them of big big cities n zooming cars n mc donalds n barista
a_drop_of_elixir: n ppl wonder y 2 pay for coffee if u can make em at home
flavours13 : lolzzzz
a_drop_of_elixir: n i tell em bout guys...who gel their hair… n da old ladies say…oiling hair has da same effect
flavours13 : hahahahhaahah
a_drop_of_elixir : hehe
flavours13 : n temme bout the chickz dere!
flavours13 : i so wanna know!
a_drop_of_elixir : tell me I am supercool!!
flavours13 : u're da best!
flavours13 : am sure u'll grow up to b their head!
a_drop_of_elixir : now that uve pleased me...ill tell u bout da gaon ki goris
a_drop_of_elixir : they cud give vidhisha pavate a run for her money
a_drop_of_elixir : dont get me rong..i dont sit n ogle at em but they r real beauties...
a_drop_of_elixir : big big flowers in da hair
flavours13: n wait… i also wanna know bout the one who getz pregnant by sum pardesi.... n hez gone away…
a_drop_of_elixir: oh her...poor gurl
flavours13: hhahahahahahh
a_drop_of_elixir: her name is .... shardha. sweet gurl she is
a_drop_of_elixir: my mom was not sure if i should go 2 da city 2 study u kno...wat if i fell in love wid da sheher ka ladka like sharda…
a_drop_of_elixir: so then...thr was this mean guy frm da town no less
flavours13: reallllyyyyy/?
a_drop_of_elixir: who came 2 photograph da village n she fell in love wid him
a_drop_of_elixir: n da swine...da lusty pig
a_drop_of_elixir: it was like ...wats da movie...: zeenat aman n sashi kapoor
flavours13: satyam shivam sundaram!
a_drop_of_elixir: poor shardha..she didnt even kno having sex leads 2 babies
flavours13: she didn’t know sex leads to babies!!?
flavours13: rotflmao
a_drop_of_elixir: it was sooooo tragic
a_drop_of_elixir: hamare yahan...naa, talkin bout sex n all...real taboo!!!
a_drop_of_elixir: usmein my familyis a bit open 2 all. i come 2 da city naa...2 study
a_drop_of_elixir: so its me...who gives ppl da truth bout birds n bees
flavours13: phirr?? Phirr kya hua??
a_drop_of_elixir: phir shardha went nuts. now she runs at da highwayafter every car...
a_drop_of_elixir: screaming
a_drop_of_elixir: BABUJEEEE BABUJEEEEEEEE
a_drop_of_elixir: real sad i tell u
flavours13: phirr sharda ka kya hua?
flavours13: n the babies???
a_drop_of_elixir: she fell n scraped her knee
flavours13: she leavez them at the day care eh??? Twins??
a_drop_of_elixir: them?? they were no twins. they were triplets!!!
flavours13: fuck!!! Lmao!!!
a_drop_of_elixir: n we dont have a day care here, silly
a_drop_of_elixir: they now living in da panchayat office
flavours13: ohhhh....
a_drop_of_elixir: babbu, dabbu n tabbu
flavours13: their names??
a_drop_of_elixir: yeah. bright kids
flavours13: aahhhh...isnt the last one who grew up to be an actress???
a_drop_of_elixir: but shardha still runs after da cars
a_drop_of_elixir: yes yes n then ppl realised she has an elder sis
a_drop_of_elixir: babujee's legal child , FARA
flavours13: ohhhhh
flavours13: hahahahahhahaha
a_drop_of_elixir: anything else u wanna kno?? i need 2 log out at 12. electricity chala jata hai at 12
flavours13: hahahahahhaha
flavours13: its 12:5 now
a_drop_of_elixir: oh hamare yahan time zones r a lil flexible
a_drop_of_elixir: so a lil more time wat wid me being da wizkid n all...they give me concessions
flavours13: ohhh....

Psst: the next half next post :P

27 comments:

  1. The only thing I can write, I mean I had to pause for a while before typing this comment as I was

    ROTFLMAO

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO .. Man, tears in my eyes with laughter .. LOL!

    That's EXACTLY the type of questions the firangis ask here .. at least, it has happened with me enough times. They are under the illusion that I own a pet elephant, too! Go figure!

    LOL@ Shardha's story .. total bollywood scene mara yaar .. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. arzoon: hehe funny aint it

    kroopa: wat do u think???

    mist: oh firang askin u is okie. him, he lives in mumbai alrite... snobbish ass!! n thrs more to come...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to God you are kidding because if not, I didn't know anyone could be that dumb!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :) lol...nice..made me laugh..and i needed that..thxx dude and i would like to visit u sometime..sounds really rustic to me ..it will be a nice change...kidding take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Office blues?

    Oh I meant to ask you this sometime ago..whats the first thing you gonna buy with your salary?

    ReplyDelete
  8. No..No.. Please dont! not the next half too.. this is insane.. where is that guy from? Mars? and how can he make fun of us that way.. I mean I wear only a hanky to cover my essential parts and go around agriculturing.. does he find that funny too ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kroopa: hehe....whom u calling dumb? me or my frd??? :P

    You: umm yeah, u can b a farmer

    ReplyDelete
  10. akhil: hehe ur welcome. come during da harvest...we always need strong young boys *wink*

    Vikas:office blues?? oh no no. its just some timepass we were doing da other day.
    oh my first sal :D im givin it to our temple in udupi ....so no buying stuff till da second month

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hell no, I wouldn't call you dumb. But your friend- I don't know!! Where is the second half? Can we all vote to decide on a scale of 1-10, how stupid your 'friend' is? :-P
    (No offense but the conversation was ridiculous. I didn't know people in India didn't know where they lived!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh man - your friend lives in mumbai and he fell for it!? :)
    Talk about alternate lifstyles!
    funny one - this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Uh...was this on yahoo? if that id - flavours13 - is correct, do you mind if I add that id into my "to-be-'enlightened'" list on my msngr?

    ReplyDelete
  14. First time here. Lovely place you got and I am still rotfl :) Nice post. Poor Sharda ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that panchayat office must be one cool joint, i say :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kroopa: hehe, he aint dumb...hes just a snob. second half coming this evening.

    Nicole: hehe funny yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nikhil: hehe awwww, he doesnt need enlightenment, jus a lil frozen nose which is up in the air

    Rajesh come bak again in da evening...thrs da second part to this one

    ReplyDelete
  18. manuscrypts: oh yeah!!! its loadsa fun at da panchayat office :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! tht was gr8!! Really funny! but all d same it kinda amazes me that how by moving a few miles away ppl's way of lookin at things changes a great deal! lokhandvala is still part of mum...this guy was actin like some firang! n frankly such ABCD's tend to get on my nerves!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am looking forward to the second part, in fact i've bitten off all my toe nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i really dont know what to say, but then Is that fantasy or is it fiction

    ReplyDelete
  22. girl i thought i commented on this one!!!!:-(.....anyways my comment......."hehe"

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is like the shit I got today when I said I moved in from Mysore. The lady says, "No, since you're now in Mumbai, you don't have to dial the std code."

    Pfft. Sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. WonderFOOL...

    And not the second part please ..I think all the hot men and not so hot men and the not at all hot men know your yahoo id..so ...:D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mirage: :) true, strange isnt it

    Rajesh: thr, da second post is up

    Blah: hmm, oh its fiction alrite... whose fantasy would it be anyways...bsides here me n my frd r making fun of the lifestyle, im sure many
    villages in India r in the same situation and it aint a joking matter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Divya: hehe ;)

    Wabbster: (lol) awwwwwww....hugs!!
    both o us dehati...will teach da city slickers a lesson wat say *wink*

    Anubhav sweetheart... lol, it aint about my id...or mayb it is :P why r you so bothered?? not jealous r u :P

    ReplyDelete