Thursday, May 12, 2005

My First Week Of Working...

I AM THE QUEEN OF SHEBA INCARNATE!!!!!
And that was the delusion I lived in for the twenty years of my life. And I was sooo cruelly disillusioned this week that I could weep. Yes my people…. there the authority o queen Sheba in play monday was like my first day of my very first job of my life!!!!
I wish I had stories of adventure and excitement…but the fact is, the first day of my first job sucked. It’s the presumptions that’s the killer. Now that can b ship’s gyaan- It’s the presumptions that’s the killer. I presumed its the first day and so it will be a half day..like in skool. BAH what half day, the boss made us sit till later the quitting time.
I suppose I should start from the inception. It is the story that started bout a couple o months ago. I get a call for interview. I go n blabber shit. Now its common knowledge that I blabber but not shit always. Esp not in any of the interviews I d been to.

But this one was different. It was like I jus couldn’t seem to stop. Anyways after a devastating attempt at redeeming myself in front o da interviewer…I came bak home dejectd and sad, cursing my runaway mouth. And mom’s poking in the eye or more apt in the mouth bout how I cant stop yakking didn’t help my cause any.

Then like after a couple o months I get a call saying I have been shortlisted and then about being selected. That was like the time when I couldn’t seem to sit still and I was floating in cloud nine. N then there were gloatful nudges to to mom. And sticking out the tongue to sis.

ZOOM BAK TO PRESENT: more like to this Monday.

First day naa…I thought its gonna b like it was in skool and college. Half day. Only da giving of timetable and then letting us off. Did it happen here?? Just saying no n leaving it at that is doing injustice to my first day of firstest job. So im gonna go into total detail of precisely how shitty it was. It was like being thrown into the water and asked to swim. Swim phir bhi is okie…I would have flailed my limbs n surivie. But imagine asking you to swim among the sharks in da name of teaching you how to swim. In such a condition there is little you can do coz ur already in the water, so u pray to God that they get da fellow inductee and not you and that at night you will light a candle in da name of the dearly departed. And I did just that. From the class one, ive been avoiding anything to do with numbers and money *ofcourse unless its to spend* like a plague. And here I am working for something id sworn my life on im never gonna tolerate. So first day the first three hours I had to work on removing the mental block that I suck at finance. So it was understanding wat is corporate banking and corporate finance and corporate tax…equity and derivatives and by mid noon, I was brain dead!!! And that people doesn’t happen very often.

But the next day I caught up. And the day went very smooth but the traffic spoilt it all. I had to walk up the entire way to the train station. And the walk people is for 45 minutes. No issues really, help me tone down…now that I aint gymming anymore.
The nxt day was very smooth. More like uneventful. Then my boss decided that it was going too easy for the four of us, yesterday he gave us a 2 hour long session on how inqusitivity is dead among the youngsters today, how there is no learning attitude and that bar a few the rest o the people’s English sux too!!! And blah blah blah blah. And that is all we needed. Today he’s said he wont be coming to office.

He is getting married next week. So he wont be around next week I guess. Good thing. Not that he behaves like an ogre but is too astute for our liking. Though im in his good books, he doesn’t taunt me…jus lightly pulls my leg n all…gave me da bestest computer n all. So life as far as reporting to the senior is concerned everything is hunky dory.

Collegues are also real neat
So far so good, one week down…God alone knows how many more to go.

31 comments:

  1. awww *hugs* i sympathize with u.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess you forgot your "fellow inductee" has the link to your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. erratica: lol thank u gurl.

    anon: lol no i didnt give all my fellow inductees da link...and anyways im gonna have 2 watch my mouth in my own blog??!!!??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading all about the miserable situation that u r in.. What more can i say besides, "Girl we're sailing in da same boat!!!!!!!"
    Chill out....... Take 1 day at a time n Chill ... Hav a Great Next week.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me tell u lady - surely and frankly - that once u decide to be in service - u become one 'serviceer' (its the wrong word - the right word is 'servant' to your 'master', for the jobs u have agreed to do in lieu of money u have agreed to receive...

    u no longer command the time u have committed to ur 'master' AND U R NO LONGER THE MASTER OF YOUR ACTIONS AND DEEDS which u have to perform though u may choose not to BUT FOR THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE NO CHOICE ....

    This is the harsh reality of Corporate World - it comes as a package - Take it or Leave it.

    Only salvation is that you outperform everyone and prove your worth over a period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bell:lol yeah thank u. u too, u need it more than me naa ;)

    Anon: yeah well...u have a nice day too *makes a face at u*

    ReplyDelete
  7. guess somebody needs a an elixir of life...

    congrats *devilish* and best of luck...

    ReplyDelete
  8. hang on in there girl. it'll get better.

    p.s im goooood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lol wel welcome to my world !!!
    hope your drop of Elixir magics everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay! welcome to the funniest profession in de world...
    where u inform but remain uninformed
    where ppl pride you, let don't pay u
    where you're a hero abd a villain combined
    where....

    ;-) Welcome, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its the price you pay for those stinky greenbacks senorita.
    Independence comes at a cost. at the cost of innocence.
    Learn Endure Smile Survive.
    chillaxx

    of Ark, Noah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just another manic monday ... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you...thank u vry much-Elvis style * wid da twitch in da upper lip et al*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome to the world of the great capitalist dream chase! :)

    Best computer is a good start! Much luck for the days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. equities!! derivatives!! happy bulls and bears to you ..lol... :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey...nice blog here...some very interesting reads...cheers!
    do drop by my blog sometime...
    http://shubhodeep.blog-city.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwwww! poor thing ... dont worry,you'll get over it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Allright.. someone's all set to take over my role now.. bitching abt work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are making you work? :O
    That is so sad!

    Btw you might wanna check the link to my blog...a scary surprise is in store!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh dear! Welcome to the reaaal world! But hey..hang in there love!:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. i read the blog...
    iread the comments...
    and what i want to say is...
    u ll have to take intrest in whatever is being offered to u. thats the only way u ll be able to cope up. Hateing ur work or grumbling abt it dosent help... it only decreases ur efficiency.

    I am in a similar situation as u r... but how i feel about my work... my blog says it all !!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh Congrats on the job babe! All you kiddos going out and getting jobs - man, and I'm so happy just studying ;-) Freelancing is more than enough for me right now! Lazy bum that I am!

    "First day naa…I thought its gonna b like it was in skool and college. Half day. Only da giving of timetable and then letting us off."

    ROTFLMAO! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  23. hugs and the best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. so hows work NOW?

    ReplyDelete
  25. hey i think u have a really cool blog:) i like ur writing and the previous posts too

    ReplyDelete
  26. so, ure on a sabbatical now, lady?
    ;-)
    hurry back.

    ReplyDelete
  27. my boss is travelling on this saturday. five more days, then 5 days of pure joy.

    Phal.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oye..

    Guess who's back??


    *Booya*!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. i empathise totally.

    but beware this might cost u ur job

    ReplyDelete
  30. Dear Queen Sheeba,

    Jus bcuz u r working now doesnt mean ur fans will be deprived of the pleasure of reading ur blog.

    Give us more ;)

    ReplyDelete